Sunday, October 24, 2010

Monday Music List

I have yet to meet an author who doesn't require some sort of musical assistance to write scene's. For me it's any emotional scene, be it the big black moment, a fight between villain and hero (or heroine) or intimacy. Those fun, light-hearted moments even require at times a fun light-hearted song. You know, the kind that plays at the end of a Rom-Com and leaves you with that warm fuzzy feeling... Since I'm always looking for new music, I figured once a week I'd post a list of songs that I use for specific scenes and I'd love to know your list too!


Violence/fight scene song - Shaman's Harvest - Dragonfly - This has to be my new favorite song. I heard it once, came home and bought it. It has a nice steady increasing beat that speaks of danger and I can just envision my Victorian assassin, blue eyes blazing, looking through the sight of her rifle and...

Happy moment song- Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine - This song conjures visions of happy times, it's just a happy bright song!

Intimacy moment song- Matthew Sweet - Farther Down - This is a slow sexy little song, perfect for those tender kissing moments where you just want a spot light on the sweet moment between your couple.

Black moment song- Sarah McLachlan - Fallen - I think most have heard this song, and it really epitomizes a black moment on either side, since that's what the song implies, a relationship gone bad.

Sad moment song- Athlete - Wires - If for whatever reason you need to feel sad, to really pull that emotion forward, this song will do it for you.

What are you using to write these moments right now?

Elaina

No comments:

Post a Comment