Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All Things Romantic Suspense: Bri Clark - The Familial Witch


I have the distinct honor of giving you a sneak peek into Bri Clark's debut novella, The Familial Witch, to be released the first of February, through Astraea Press. Please take a quick moment and show this new author your support!

Book Specifics -
Genre - Paranormal Romantic Suspense
Length - Novella (15k)
Heat Level - Sweet
Sexual Orientation - M/F
Content Warning -

BLURB -

Aisleen is the last of her kind...the species must continue. But at the cost of her heart....her soul? Lucien is the leader of the revered immortal clan: the Eternals. At a time when the greatest threat to his people is at the hands of one of their own will he choose destiny, desire or make his own fate?

EXCERPT -


“Could you open the door please?” she asked, her arms full indicating the door in the wood floor. Instead, he stood on top of it relieving the burdens from her arms.

“I will do no such thing. There is no reason why you can’t wash up right here.” Her face flushed. “That’s not what I mean,” he exclaimed laying her stuff down. The heat of guilt coated her cheeks standing out on her flushed complexion.

“Bloody hell.” he threw his hands up in the air. “It’s like dealing with a maiden.” He stirred the soup. Aisleen sat the rest of her stuff down as her temper rose.

“I may not be a maiden, but I am no trallop either, and it’s not like I can send you down there. You are far too large for the space.”

One of his dark brows arched while a half smile adorned part of his sensual lips.

“We are going to be stuck in here together…why don’t I just string up a cloth in the corner for both of us to use?” he offered. She answered him by handing him the cloth and twine. Busying herself adding vegetables and spices to the stew, she ignored him. When he was done, he took over the stirring and she lit a candle to take with her behind the curtain. Before she disappeared Lucien caught her eye and winked. She huffed in response jerking the blanket back.


The book will be available from Astraea Press on February 1st! Be sure to mark your calenders!


Elaina





8 comments:

  1. Thanks Elaina...but there is a mix up. It will be released on Feb 1st. I got the memo late. LOL sorry. And you forgot to mention my fabulous cover was done by my wonderful host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixed! *thumbs up* And I didn't forget, LOL! This is about you, not me. *wink* I'm just excited you think it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Thumbs way way up!
    ME~

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait. bri clark is my favorite author

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by... my anonymous friends! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Decadent! Took a lot of hard work, this one, and I'm simply thrilled Bri loves it. But, I do have to admit, her's receives the most comments of all my cover designs. :-)

    ReplyDelete