Monday, January 10, 2011

All Things Romantic Suspense: Interview #1 - Jerri Drennen


Hello all! I hope everyone's ready for the next seventeen weeks as I introduce a different writer in romantic suspense along with their book and an excerpt for you to enjoy EACH WEEK! I am so excited! I'd like to start the event off by introducing my friend, Jerri Drennen, whom I roped into this adventure with... well nothing but my pretty smile I suppose. I'm still not sure how she feels about joining me, but I sure am glad she did!

So, without further ado, Jerri Drennen!


Hi, Jerri! Welcome to my blog. When I said, "Hey Jerri, let's get together to do some promoting!" Did you think the project would be this big? I have to say no to that.

LOL! Are you excited? Yes, but a tad overwhelmed as well.

I can't thank you enough, by the way, for agreeing to partner with me in this! Have I scared you away for future ventures? hmmmmm....

(I think I can sense this is a topic she's not ready to discuss quite yet, I'll just silently move on. *grin*) So, as with all our wonderful and amazingly talented cohorts in crime, you write romantic suspense. Why? I think it's that my life is so completely different, and that writing romantic suspense adds a sense excitement to my day. That, and I love to see my character run for their lives.

Is that your only genre? If so, why have you decided to stay there? If not, what made you venture on to different genres? No, I've been all over when it comes to genres but I always come back to writing romantic suspense. I have a contemporary romance with Samhain, Fire & Ice, that does have a hint of suspense and an action-adventure romance with Liquid Silver that also has suspense in it. Do you sense a pattern?

Of all your books, so far who has been your favorite hero? What made him so special?
Well, he's in a book that I am thinking about self-publishing. Nick Trent. I wrote the character years ago. He was an Agent in Training and the book was published by the now-defunct Triskelion. He was sexy as hell and had a smart mouth. I loved him.

Sexy as hell is very good... yum. What about your favorite heroine? That Question is harder. I think I'd have to say my heroine from Grace Under Fire available at The Wild Rose Press. I think Grace Diaglo had a lot of my own insecurities and my sense of loyalty.

Lastly, what do you find is your biggest inspiration for helping you weave tales?
Television for sure. When I hear about people who don't want TV, I'm floored. I have to say I'm a TVaholic.

Thank you so much for visiting, Jerri! Please tell everyone where they can find out more about you: You can visit my website at http://jerridrennen.com/

Tomorrow Jerri's romantic suspense novel, Untouched, will be featured on my blog along with a tantalizing excerpt. Be sure to check it out!

Elaina

9 comments:

  1. That's for having me, Elaina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant thanks. I knew I shouldn't have gotten up at 2:30

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah 2:30 is early! And I thought 6:50 was early... Thank YOU for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhh! I love finding new authors! Untouched sounds very intriguing. You know, I questioned for awhile what genre I was best suited for, but even after I tried writing outside of contemporary category, I had crit partners telling me that was where my voice fit the best. If you keep drifting back to suspense, I'd say that it's where your heart is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading, Chelle! And I agree, if you keep drifting back to the same genre, your muse is telling you something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, my muse is definitely a suspenseful muse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Untouched is definitely on my to be read list. Wonderful interview, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview, Jerri! Wishing you much success:-)

    ReplyDelete