Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nature's Amazing Hand

My husband is in the Army National Guard, and has been helping with relief efforts in Tuscaloosa. Every day he sends me two or three pictures of area's around the city/area that he's having to visit to help deliver supplies. We used to live in this town. My youngest son was born in the hospital that narrowly escaped the same fate as the buildings not even a quarter mile down the road. I know, by this point, everyone has seen the media images, and heard the tales of heartache and some of heroism. While I don't have any tales to tell, we were so very fortunate, my husbands image journal has been a sobering reminder to us about how lucky we are, and how even on our worst days we have SO much to be thankful for.






(If you view the larger size of this image, you can see the Krispy Kreme banner the owners put up. Behind that building there USED to be apartment complexes, homes and tree's. Now there's nothing but horizon for as far as the eye can see. It's... there are no words.)





(Searching for remains... grim task if there ever was one.)


And I just received word, Astraea Press has released an anthology - Matrimonial Mayhem, to benefit the victims of the tornado's. Please swing by and check the book out, and if you're so inclined, purchase. Thank you!

Elaina

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elaina,

    First wow...those are so hard to see of my beloved south. Also Love the new layout of the blog. Classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful. Thoughts and prayers with all of you

    ReplyDelete