Friday, February 24, 2012

Word Count Friday - 2/24/2012







Word Count Friday:

Book: Enchanted Passion (working title) Book one of Hearts Unearthed.

Last Weeks Word Count: 12,700
This Weeks Word Count: 14,000

Total words written this week: 1,300


So yay, I made my goal word count and a little over!  I have Moira to thank, as she sprang a challenge on me Sunday, and I hadn't written a single word.  700 of those 1,300 words happen on Sunday!  Had she not knocked on my virtual door, I wouldn't have made my goal.  This word count thing has been AWESOME!  I want to thank every writer for joining us.  I really need to keep going, so keep posting those word counts and writing with me!


Next weeks goal will be the same, a thousand words.  Since I know I can reach that amount, there are no excuses.  I need to realistically be writing more, but a thousand is a good number to shoot for.


How did YOU do this week?  Can't wait to find out! 


Elaina

10 comments:

  1. I'm having a rough week. Let's just say I'm NOT in the honeymoon phase with this story. Meh.
    Last week: 6068
    This week: 8316
    Wordage: 2248
    Failed goalage: 10k = WAIL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, but you wrote 2200 words!!! That almost 1k more than I did, that's awesome! And you will totally make your goal this week, so don't be so bummed. That was a LOT of words to crank out, at least from my stand point. I think you did great, woot!

      Delete
    2. (That's 10k in my WIP ... not 10k words written this week. LOL.)

      Delete
    3. I know! You'll make your 10k goal this week, at least I hope you do! You're VERY close and I know you can do it! :-)

      Delete
  2. I wrote about 3k so far this week. That might change, though. I haven't written anything yet today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, way to go Brea!!! That is awesome. :-) I used to be able to do that, then I had a baby, LOL! :-D

      Delete
  3. Made my goal+ for the week-13K.
    Goal for the next week is to hit 15K and I think I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, yay! And yes, that's a good goal, 2k for the week, I'm most certain you can do it! :-)

      Delete
  4. After a couple of rough weeks, I finally got 1k written this week and lotsa ideas for more books jotted down. I'm happye :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really needed something to get me writing on a weekly basis. I don't write daily, but as long as I'm getting something done every week, I'm happy! Yay on the 1k, that's a GREAT number. Woot! :-)

      Delete