Friday, March 23, 2012

Word Count Friday - 3/23/2012

I get so excited when I sit down late Thursday evening, or Friday morning and see what my word count is.  I take little peeks throughout the week, in hopes my number won't be pathetic, but I never add anything until today.  Nothing has inspired me more than seeing my manuscript grow!  I hope you too have had a good writing week.

Word Count Friday:

Book: Enchanted Passion (working title) Book one of Hearts Unearthed.

Last Weeks Word Count: 15,900
This Weeks Word Count:  18,100

Total words written this week: 2,200


Woot!  I did pretty good this week!  I've almost reached the half way point for my goal word count.  While I don't rest a lot on a final word count, as I never actually end up with that specific set of numbers, I like to know where I'm at in my 'plan', LOL!  And in my grand plan, I'm 4k away from my halfway point.  I don't think I'm quite halfway in the book yet, so either something needs to happen, and fast, or the book will be a little longer than I anticipated, which happens often.  I usually run around 10k over what I shoot for.  Though, two shorter stories in my collection will show that doesn't always happen.  *wink*


How did YOU do this week?  So excited to find out!


Elaina

7 comments:

  1. Girl, you ALWAYS kick my butt! My total for the week is 2029 words added. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, well I didn't KICK your butt, LOL! I just barely had more than you! And don't worry, there will be two weeks where I won't be writing much of anything! Where are you at total?

      Delete
    2. I'm at 10,299 (I know, right?) in my main WIP. I also counted what I did in the other two, though it wasn't much.

      *I will be finished in a month*

      Delete
    3. I will NOT be finished in a month, LOL! I wish (very much), but I'll be lucky if I'm done by the end of May!!!

      Delete
    4. LOL! I hope to have STN almost finished by then. *grin*

      Delete
    5. I was very productive and did about 5000 words this week. That's with working full time and putting in a 150 gallon pond in the backyard. Not to bad!!

      Delete
    6. Wow, I'd say not to bad!!!! Wish I could do that. Sigh, I could, once upon a time. :-) Congrat's on the words and I hope you LOVE your pond!!!

      Delete