Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cover Art Thursday - Searching for Lady Luck


Book Title - Searching for Lady Luck
Genre - sweet romance, historical romance, novella
Heat Level - Sweet
Sexual Orientation- m/f
Content Warnings -  None

Blurb - 

Only seven years have passed since Rose Sheffield was a carefree college student, though it seems like a lifetime ago. Her father’s position at a major bank provided her with luxuries she took for granted. Now she works at menial jobs to support herself and her mother, and they live in what used to be their vacation home in Wildwood, New Jersey. Rose’s days are pure drudgery, until she meets Charlie. As luck would have it, she just happens to have the perfect place to display his artwork. 

Before the Great Stock market crash of 1929, Charlie Brannigan was hailed as an up and coming artist in Manhattan. But now he’s back at his family home in Wildwood, delivering newspapers in the mornings and selling his paintings on the Boardwalk in the afternoons. He needs some luck in his life, and it seems every time a pretty lady named Rose appears, good things happen.
 


I've always loved working with Patricia, she's easy going and usually I get her covers on the first try with minimal alterations.  Working with authors who I know what they look for in a cover is always exciting.  :)  For Searching for Lady Luck I wanted to do something artistic since the hero in the story is an artist. Patricia didn't want any people on the cover, which was fine by me since the era she wrote the story in is a difficult one to pair with people.

A boardwalk, pier or beach were important elements for the cover since the story takes place on or around those areas.  Finding a boardwalk or pier with a vintage feel was a little challenging.  When I came across the image I chose, it felt perfect.  Soft, colorful, romantic, the image seemed to convey everything she wanted.  Now I just had to figure out how to make it look artistic.  I decided on a canvas/painted feel and set about creating the look. 

The last challenge was finding a font to match the tone of the cover and the color to do the title in.  I opted for an elegant, but simple font and a darker color since the cover itself is on the pastel side of the spectrum. Patricia loved the cover at first sight (yay!) as did the publisher, esKape Press (another yay!).  I was very excited when I received the print edition of the book and saw how beautiful the cover looked printed as well. 

If you want to learn more about Patricia's book, please go to - 


Thanks for learning about her cover!

Elaina




10 comments:

  1. I've received countless compliments on this cover! It definitely captures the essence of the story. And it's always a pleasure to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful cover, but then all of Elaina's are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaina.I love your covers! I've received hundreds of compliments on my book covers. All of them were designed by you. I also enjoy working with you, you do a great job and always consider my suggestions! Thanks a million! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And of course, it's YOUR book! :)

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful cover, Elaina. Then again, I always love your covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so darn good at those covers, girl! MWAH! Keep up the great work. You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Leslie! Thanks for visiting my blog too! MWAH back!

      Delete