Monday, July 14, 2014

Music Monday - Letters from Home

Today I'd like to introduce Beth Rhodes, also writing as Bethanne Strasser.  She's sharing songs and artists who inspired the books she's written.  Hope you enjoy!

Book Title - Letters From Home
Genre - romance, contemporary, military
Heat Level - Sensual
Sexual Orientation - m/f

I grew up listening to music. In our house, music is playing...ALOT. So, it's not surprising that it's a song that often inspires a good book or a character.

While I was writing For Love or Duty, I was listening to anything Sugarland. The one song that sticks out for me at that time is "Settlin'." As in, I AINT settlin'. Ha! And both my hero and heroine felt that way about life and each other. My hero knew it was time to settle, but fought it. My heroine secretly wanted to settle, but refused to do so with a soldier. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJh-aMMpJ0  <--wasn't sure you wanted links or html for the video so here's the link. :)

Letters From Home was more of a movie inspired book, but...like most great movies, Fools Rush In has a great soundtrack, and I found myself listening to it quite often while I wrote. My favorite song on that track is Chris Isaak's I wonder. It sorta sums up the theme and tone of my story, especially for my heroine, Elena, who thought she'd never find true love. The guitar in this song is incredibly soothing, and I think just the nature of the music helps us believe in romance, and that...yes, we'll get our blue sky. 



Blurb:

An Army doctor, Lena Rodriguez has always been too busy with school or the Army for romance. But the letters she received during deployment have captured her heart. Back home for the holidays, she awaits Christmas morning to meet the man who has turned her life upside down.

When Zack Benson watched his best friend’s sister, Lena, leave for Afghanistan, he knew he had to tell her he loved her. So he sent her anonymous love letters. Now that she’s home, he realizes he’s made a tactical error. Lena has fallen for the man in those letters but still thinks of him as a brother. He has to convince her otherwise because if he succeeds, he’ll get the best Christmas present ever. But if he fails, he could lose her for good.

Letters From Home - $1.99:

Want to know more about Beth?  Please visit her webpage - http://bethrhodes.webs.com/

Thanks for stopping by!
Elaina




No comments:

Post a Comment